Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

"If 25 red cars pass by, I will..."

February Vibe By Alexis Callus

How do we make choices in life? Does a formula of ‘ifs’ and ‘whens’ exist to help us take our daily decisions?

When I was young (not that I am not), I used to play a game that went something like this: “If 25 red cars go by, I will eat a tomato”… or anything else for that fact. But the point is, I was conditioning my actions to an external reaction. Basically, I was allowing the actions of others to influence my decisions. What if that 25th red car had never passed, where would I be today?
So here it goes, we always need a reason to do something. A good price leads us to purchase a product. How do we select the products we need? Our needs have evolved in the same way as mobile technology has taken over smoke signals and forest cries. The hustle of our busy daily lives and city stress pollution are dictating everything we do and everything we want.

How long has it been since we have taken a decision for ourselves? What do we really need? How about a get away close to home but away from the daily routine, where you will be pampered day and night, subject to the hand manipulations of the masseurs and you being tantalized by the flavours of the food.

Well, let’s play the game as grown-ups now. If I get stressed at work this week, I will book a fantastic winter week break on the fascinating and mysterious island of Malta, and I might also stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

Indulge in this well-deserved winter vacation you’ve been dreaming of: you need no further reason to do so!

No comments: