Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"In Living Color" by Bruce Bingham

Artist Bruce Bingham will be exhibiting her oil paintings at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa at the beginning of June.

In the past, artist Bruce Bingham has lived in Latvia, France and Spain and now resides on our beautiful island of Malta. She has travelled extensively and visited over 15 countries. While enjoying travel, she also finds great pleasure in picking oranges and lemons from her garden to compose a still life.


Page Turner, oil on canvas, 8 x 10''
"I am fortunate to have visited some spectacular places around the world. The sights and events, which surround me each day, can be so intriguing. Every country has its own personality and local rhythm", says Bingham. "I’m always drawn to the open markets, cafes and street scenes, yet the more I explore other cultures, the more it becomes apparent that we are so similar. I appreciate the beauty found in households objects, or people in candid poses performing everyday tasks. Regardless of subject matter, I’m always translating my surroundings into an artistic vocabulary that is concerned with composition, values, shapes, texture, colour and edge. For me, making art is a lot like learning an additional language, the path to find fluency is rewarding as well as challenging."

Maltese curator and collector Joe D. Hamilton MBE, A.I.L. (London) says "I consider that Bruce Bingham has achieved power to express the representation of ‘simple’ subjects, dissolving firm outlines and capturing gleaming light contrasted by evocative shadows. Viewing her works one has an overwhelming feeling of tranquility."

Bingham’s solo exhibition will be on display from the 4th until the 17th of June in the Exhibition area (Level 1) of Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa. The opening night is on Friday 3rd of June, on invitation only.

THE END

No comments: